Monday, June 20, 2011

MERCY TRIUMPHS OVER JUDGMENT

Judgment without mercy will be shown 
to anyone who has not been merciful. 
Mercy triumphs over judgment!
James 2:13

This is what the LORD Almighty says: "Administer true justice; show mercy and compassion to one another" (Zec. 7:9).

Jesus said, "If anyone hears my words and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world. The one who rejects me and does not receive my words has a judge; the word that I have spoken will judge him on the last day" (Jn 12:47-48). 

Do you judge others?

Why do you judge your brother? Or why do you look down on your brother? For we will all stand before God's judgment seat (Rom. 14:10). Have you not discriminated among yourselves and become judges with evil thoughts (Jas. 2:4)?


Jesus said, "If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone" (Jn. 8:27). Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and the measure you give will be the measure you get" (Mt.7:1-2).

You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things (Rom. 2:1).

Brothers, do not slander one another. Anyone who speaks against his brother or judges him speaks against the law and judges it. When you judge the law, you are not keeping it, but sitting in judgment on it (Jas. 4:11).

Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in your brother's way (Rom. 14:13). Judge nothing before the appointed time; wait till the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of men's hearts. At that time each will receive his praise from God (1 Cor. 4:5). For God will bring every deed into judgment, including every hidden thing, whether it is good or evil (Eccl. 12:14).

Are you righteous in Judgment?

He said to the judges, "Consider what you are doing, for you do not judge for man but for the LORD who is with you when you render judgment" (2 Chr. 19:6).

Jesus said, "By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me (Jn. 5:30). You judge by human standards; I pass judgment on no one. But even if I do judge, My judgment is true; for I am not alone in it, but I and the Father who sent Me" (Jn. 8:15-16).

Do not show partiality in judging; hear both small and great alike. Do not be afraid of any man, for judgment belongs to God. Bring me any case too hard for you, and I will hear it (Dt. 1:17).

Do not pervert justice; do not show partiality to the poor or favoritism to the great, but judge your neighbor fairly (Lv. 19:15). Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy (Prv. 31:9).

Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment (Jn. 7:24). He will not judge by what he sees with his eyes, or decide by what he hears with his ears (Is. 11:3).  The LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart" (1 Sm. 16:7). So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer (2 Cor. 5:16).

Mercy Not Sacrifice

Mercy and Compassion In a world of rules and rigid lines, Where laws are etched in stone, Let mercy and compassion shine, For love is where ...